Monday, October 09, 2006

Schedule

So the draft for available classes for next semester....and of course there are too many classes I want to take at different times.

So its looking like I may have 5 hours of class on Monday, 4 on Tues & Thurs, 5 on Wed, and 2 on Friday. Hmmmm...now that I write that out...it looks even worse than I originally thought.

Plus, that would mean excluding such classes as Business Torts, Torts II, Criminal Procedure, and Worker's Comp., and Business Orgs.

However, I will be taking Sales & secured Transactions, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Remedies, Trial Advocacy, and Pre-Trial Litigation.

The problem is.....I'm not totally sure what I would like to do at this point. I think I would like litigation...but really....I think I would be happy doing almost any kind of legal work. So that creates a dilemma....what classes should I take? What do I really need to take? and how do I answer the perpetual question: "What kind of law do you want to practice?"

Any thoughts/advice would be greatly appreciated

:)

Update: Trial Ad. is 9 hours per week for 4 credits....worth it???? Need it????

1 comment:

V J.D. said...

Sales & Secured transactions - Worthless - 1 day bar course is sufficient

ADR - Worthless, but can be interesting and easy

Remedies - Worthless

Trial Advocacy - Worthless

Pre-Trial Litigation - possibly useful if they teach you nuts and bolts.

As for what you want to do - you won't know until you're about to graduate. Just take courses that 1) you will get good grades in and 2) that are interesting.