Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Its That Time Again

Wedding Bells are ringing...and the invitations are pouring in. Apparently the thing to do this summer is to get married on 7/7/07. B is trying to manipulate our arrival times so that we can make it to both dinners. lol. In fact, he didn't want to go at all until he read the dinner options for the first wedding of the night.

I had just gotten used to the idea of people my age getting married.....and one or two has even started having BABIES (I cannot even imagine). But now people YOUNGER than me are starting to get married in mass numbers. It seems like every weekend I see couples in the paper with high school graduation years later and later than 2001. I still feel shocked every time I see a couple who graduated in 2005 getting married. Thats FOUR years after I graduated high school!

But best wishes to all of you out there getting married. (especially Nick ;)

:)

3 comments:

angela said...

A lot of my friends are getting married now, too, and I can't even fathom the thought at the moment. The same thing happened when I first went to undergrad. Around sophomore year, there was a rush of people I went to high school with getting hitched and/or having babies; it was kinda weird.

Nick Owens said...

Thanks for the warm wishes! I wouldn't worry too much about the who/when/where of the wedding gig. First and foremost, weddings are the biggest scam ever hatched, so hold off for as long as possible! Weddings to me are now synonimous with empty pockets. It's a racket, a very very expensive racket! Secondly, why envy or for that matter care about people getting married who graduated in 05, 06, 07...obviously these people are content having had NO life experiences what-so-ever and are ready to settle. These couples are the ones I worry about, the ones I anticipate not working out. Unless you come from a very rural area, in which case...it's custom. There is also an inbreeding coefficient in that equation as well! I'm from downstate, rural, Illinois. This is my life, so I know these things! Anyways, have fun with the weddings, hopefully there's an open bar!

Unknown said...

marriage... gag...