Monday, November 06, 2006

Mother

For years since my Mom died I have searched for ways to feel connected to her. Sometimes its wearing her old clothes, sometimes its finding new ways to support breast cancer awareness, sometimes its hearing an old song......the list goes on and on.

But every once in a while....a moment sneaks up on you and takes you to another place in time....

I have searched in vain for any of my Mom's perfumes. That lovely scent that takes me back to a little girl sitting in the bathroom watching her Mom getting ready to go out with her Dad....and being amazed at how pretty she looked and how I hoped I could one day be so grown up and pretty. And then she would spray on the perfume.....that scent of beauty and love....and just HER.......

Today I found the perfume.....and it took me back............

:)

1 comment:

gaelen said...

I'm sad that breast cancer had to touch your life.

But I am happy you were able to find your mom's perfume. Do whatever it takes to keep her near. =)