Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Schedule

After a month of flip flopping back and forth and being completely unable to decide which classes to take this semester I have finally settled on:

Remedies
American Legal History
Torts II
Alternative Dispute Resolution

The problem is the Administrative Law class. I thought I might like this class...and it has the added advantage of having 2 friends in it. However, I went to the class today and it was soooo boing. I could live with boring, but then I got on the class website and it also looks HARD. It is a closed book in class exam on which we are responsible for the book, a shit load of supplemental material, statutes, in class discussion material, and CALI lessons.

I am considering dropping Admin and taking Labor Law instead. However, the problem with that class is that it is taught by a just hired new teacher. That would make us her guniea pigs. Additionally, there are only 8 people in the class (including me). Finally, I can't find the class website so I can't even check it out on there. However, on the bright side, that class didnt meet today so I havent really missed anything.

Any thoughts or advice?

:)

3 comments:

Susie Law School said...

I would go with what is the most interesting and the most useful in the long run. Any ideas what kind of law you want to practice might help... I wouldnt worry about being guinea pigs, that could actually help you in terms of exams and stuff, also a small class means you and ask more questions and get more individual attention.

If the admin is what you really wanna do then go for it and work hard and I'm sure it'll pay off, but if its dull you're unlikely to want to work hard...

there's my two cents worth...

Good luck!

S.

V J.D. said...

You're making this way too hard. You just need take the classes that a) you can get the best grades in and b) that are most interesting. I'm pretty damned sure that does not include remedies or torts II. Also, don't even worry about taking bar courses - they are hard and boring and you'll learn all you need in your bar review course after school.

Hedy De Vine said...

admin law? drop that shit. barbri will teach you everything you need to know to pass the bar.