Monday, October 15, 2007

The Game

I like to consider myself a fairly intelligent individual....and I really like movies....but I frequently don't "get" movies. I will miss major point....and not even feel lost.

For example, at the end of "The Sixth Sense" I looked over at B and said "that was good." He replied, "Did you get it?" and I'm like "get what?"

I had NO CLUE that Bruce Willis' character had been dead for the entire movie.

Today "The Game" is on with Michael Douglas. I have seen this movie numerous times....and I still don't get it. I do get that pretty much everything in the movie is one big game. But is every single person he meets involved in the game? and is every event staged? and is he really hallucinating?

:)

2 comments:

LawSchoolBlogger said...

Yes, EVERYBODY is in on the game. EVERYBODY. The woman, his brother...EVERYBODY. They gave him a real drug too.

BEST movie ever. Shame that it came out the same week as Face Off, which took all the attention away from it.

The book, THE GAME, is also great.

Counsellor in Cultivation said...

omg i have the same problem.