Friday, January 20, 2006

Now, there was never much doubt that I am absolutely undeniably NOT a gold digger in any sense of the word...as is clearly shown by all of my relationships with members of the opposite sex.

However...I am once again convinced that there is no way I could ever marry for money. Once when I was younger out of the blue my mother looked at me and said, "Do not EVER marry for money." These words have always stuck in my head...even though I was pretty young then...and have influenced my choices...often for the good I think.

Now this sudden reaffirmation of my beliefs stems from the article in People magazine about Donald and Melania Trump. In case you have been living in a hole and didn't know....Melania is pregnant. In the article Trump says he plans to be very hands off in the parenting department and will not be seen pushing a baby stroller...or even in the delivery room.

However...it was this comment that really got my ire. When asked if he ever brings his wife coffee in bed he said No...because I don't think its my job. WHAT?!?

Thank you Donald for reaffirming my mother's warning...I will not marry for money.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nothing exciting happening lately. I've just been letting everything happen without me lately. Basically nothing seems worth doing, but whatever. I've just been staying at home not getting anything done.
- www.blogger.com z
spaghetti alla carbonara