Thursday, January 19, 2006

OK, I know that I am heading into a profession that most outside people dislike at best and think we belong at the bottom of the cess pool at worst (maybe). Obviously I don't agree with these assessments...but sometimes I can see where their opinions might stem from

For example, I'm not sure if this is a universal kind of thing...but at my law school we have law caucuses. Now that might sound like something educational...but its actually just Thursday night group alcohol binging at the local bar. Now I have absolutely nothing against this practice...in fact I may attend tonight...but I can see how the practice of calling Thursday night binge drinking a "law caucus" might seem...shall we say...a bit pretentious to those not in law school.

Just a thought.

No comments: