Monday, January 30, 2006

This is certainly not a novel thought...but it is one that struck me while listening to the Ipod today. It's interesting how a song can truly take you back to another time...and make you remember things you had totally forgotten.

For example:
"You Look Wonderful Tonight" reminds me of prom...and my beauitiful red dress...and how much I still love the guy I went with.

"Patience" reminds me of the time during high school when I was desperate to get out of high school and to move forward with my relationship...

"I Hope You Dance" takes me back to my mother's funeral...sitting in the first pew....holding hands with my brother...and listening to my Dad tell us "Your mother would have wanted you to dance"

"The Song Remembers When" takes me back to a previous relationship...

"Valentine" takes me back to sophomore year of high school...sitting in my driveway...so young and sweet

"She Is His Only Need" "I Would Have Loved You Anyway" songs that remind me of my parents

"Eye of the Tiger" takes me to freshman year of high school...when my basketball coach told me "You truly have the eye of the tiger"

"Wind Beneath My Wings" is truly my mother

"Holes In the Floor of Heaven" is the song i will dance to at my wedding with my father

and there are so many more.....

No comments: