Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Play It Again Sam

So I've been thinking about wedding songs lately. I know (and have known since my Mom died) that my song for the father-daughter dance will be "There's Holes In the Floor of Heaven"

However, I really can't decide on a first dance song. B and I don't really have a song...but lots of songs make me think of us.

We also aren't very traditional...so we don't have to have a "traditional" wedding song.

For example, some possible options include "Hundred Years To Live" (is that the name? its the song from the chase card commercial) or "Patience" by Guns and Roses.

However...I'm very open to suggestions :)

7 comments:

V J.D. said...

How about Gold Digger by Kanye West. You did say you were the richers.

the littlest tortfeasor said...

"Patience" is a good song. If I ever get married, I'm gonna go with "Lady" by Styx because deep down I am...a Styx fan.

That Guy said...

Play "Hurt" by NIN. Now That's a song that would get everyone's attention.

prettylawchick said...

As much as I laughed at the idea of playing "Gold Digger" at my wedding....that's probably not going to be my final pick ;)

I had another thought today....maybe "Ships of Heaven" by Blackhawk.

Calculating Bitch said...

The song from the credit card commercial is "100 Years" by Five for Fighting.

My husband and I had a song (The Cure's Just Like Heaven), but I just realized, oddly enough, we never played it at our wedding... But we weren't very traditional either. I walked down the aisle to Hawaiian music instead of the wedding march. And the wedding party wore Hawaiian shirts and shorts. And I got married in Vegas. And instead of a full blown reception we just had a sit-down dinner and then went clubbing all night. So I guess I'm not a very good person to be giving out wedding advice.

V J.D. said...

No Gold Digger? Alright, as long as we are talking about Heaven, how about "Tears in Heaven" because your relationship as you know it will be dead.

Butterflyfish said...

My wedding song was I Cross My Heart by George Strait. Since I live in the Northeast, country was a nontraditional choice....