Monday, June 26, 2006

Roommate

I know people who have roommates in law school....and love it. I, however, do not....and do not want one. I cannot imagine anyone (other than B or my dad or brother) living with me last year. I was an emotional roller coaster who cried, freaked out, ate at weird times, and spent most of my time stressing.

One of my friends was looking for a new apartment for second semester and wanted to move in with me. Fortunately I had the forsight to convince her that this was a bad idea...that probably would have been the end of our friendship.

What about you guys? Roomates? :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

One dog (who steals cookies off the counter - which keeps me on my diet, which keeps me relatively thin, which means I have one less thing to burst into tears about), two cats (total stress relivers - cats always seem to know when you need a snuggle), and one finacee.

The fiancee, bless his heart, deals with my tantrums, rages, moaning, worrying, and tears with brilliant aplomb. On the negative side, when he thinks I need comforting, he brings me cookies. See comment about the dog. ;)

the littlest tortfeasor said...

I have a roommate, but she's already seen me at my absolute worst, and knows exactly how to deal with it. I was initially opposed to living with anyone else, but the house is too great to pass up, and I know she'll be a-ok with whatever law school throws at me.

Butterflyfish said...

Does a toddler count?

V J.D. said...

The best roommates are med students for two reasons: 1) they are never ever home and 2) when you are freaking out they can steal drugs to calm you down and help you focus.

That Guy said...

No roommates for me. I'd get stressed and murder one.

Anonymous said...

Roommate as in you have beds in the same room, or pseudo-roommate as in you share an apartment or house or condo and the living areas thereof but have separate places to sleep/dress/etc? Roommates, I could not handle, my studying, sleeping, eating and just being me schedule conflicts with the schedules of all other sentient lifeforms. Sharing an apartment, I've done, depends on the person how it works. Last one was a condo, I stayed downstairs, he stayed upstairs, and we IM'd each other to see what we wanted to order for dinner. It was almost like living by myself but somebody else paid half the bills. Sweet.