Monday, May 01, 2006

Birth Horror

Melissa from Opinionistas wrote a post about the horrors of pregnancy. This post spurred a few thoughts in my head.

First, I had heard that they will give you an enema a the hospital if there is time...and if there is not time you may lose your bowels as you give birth.

One question I find amusing is considering this fact in light of the show "A Baby Story" on TLC. Never on those episodes do they even allude to the fact that the woman just lost her lunch...and the husband never looks horrified.

This naturally makes me think of what B will be like if we ever have children.

First, he swears he will not be able to be in the room. I kinda believe this becuase he has quite a weak stomach and will probably end up puking or passed out on the floor.

However, he says he might be able to do it if he stays near my head. So I warned him...he CANNOT say things like "Good job honey. Push sweetie. I know it hurts sweetie." I would freak out if I had to listen to that crap. :) and he knows it.

1 comment:

V J.D. said...

Yeah, I was mortified when I found that out too. I learned from a med student friend of mine who observed a few births. She said she didn't want to deliver babies and I asked why and she responded that it stinks so bad. That of course prompted me to ask, whether afterbirth stinks and then she told me all abou tit. Pretty nasty alright. She said they also try to give laxatives and get it all out if its ealry enough.