Thursday, February 16, 2006

I noticed the other day that my car has now surpassed 91,000 miles...and it made me start thinking about my car history.

Now I have only been driving for 7 years...but I have already made it through 3 different vehicles. I am very fortunate to have these provided by someone who loves me.

My first car perhaps has the most memories for me...it was not an exciting car...not by any means and certainly not as a sixteen year old new driver. However--it was a beacon of freedom. I experienced so much in that car...countless trips to practice and school...long drives spent talking with my boyfriend....long makeout sessions. That car was filled with memories...including the final memory of the lexus in front of us slamming on its breaks and the cavalier behind us hitting us going 50mph and never hitting its breaks. Fortunately we were ok...but the poor car was totaled.

The next vehicle was a blazer. Do not get one of these if you are a 5'5 girl. It is like driving a tank...my shoulders, arms, and legs would actually ache after driving that car for any extended period of time. That car lives on....in the mad racecardriver hands of my younger brother. It now reeks of smoke and tobacco and booze and sex...but it lives on.

That brings us to my current car...the one my friends call the old man car. However I like it...its dependable, has nice leather seats, and plenty of room. It has been with me through half of undergrad...1 dorm...and 2 apartments. Live on little car...

No comments: