Monday, February 20, 2006

So on Sunday my boyfriend and I were watching the movie "Runaway Jury" based on the John Grisham novel. I happen to think this is a great movie...even though it is somewhat different from the book.

The first couple of times I saw it I thought it was great. I still think that...but this time they get to a part of the trial and the Judge refuses to allow the Plaintiff to have more time to locate their missing witness. Now this is the only witness that the Plaintiff had...and when the lawyer conveys this fact to the Judge he replies...then the Plaintiff rests.

Now it suddenly occurs to me that if you do not have your only witness....the opposing party is probably going to move for summary judgment...right? (Im not exactly sure...we are just covering summary judgment in Civ Pro right now.)

Anyway...I start telling my boyfriend about this and launch into a long winded stream of consciousness conversation about this.

When I finished he looked at me...and I looked at him....and I groaned and said "I can't believe I just said that!" and he breaking into laughter. Law school is overtaking my life...I cannot even sit down and enjoy a movie without applying law school principles anymore!

No comments: